The 2018 Bernard Bailyn Lecture in North American History
The Department of Arachaeology and History at La Trobe University invite you to the 2018 Bernard Bailyn Lecture in North American History: American Xenophobia from the Colonial Era to the Trump Era.
- Thursday 15 November 2018 06:00 pm until Thursday 15 November 2018 08:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- Dr Holly Wilson
- Presented by:
- Regents Professor Erika Lee from the University of Minnesota
- Type of Event:
- Current Student: Undergraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Alumni; Public Lecture; Public
La Trobe University Department of Archaeology and History warmly invite you to the annual Bernard Bailyn Lecture in North American History presented by Regents Professor Erika Lee from the University of Minnesota.
At a time when divisive debates over immigration are spurring new laws and mass protests in the U.S. and around the world, award-winning historian Erika Lee examines the United States' long history of xenophobia and what it means today.
Speaker: Regents Professor Erika Lee
One of the nation’s leading immigration and Asian American historians, Erika Lee teaches American history at the University of Minnesota, where she is a Regents Professor, the Rudolph J. Vecoli Chair in Immigration History, and the Director of the Immigration History Research Center.
The author of three award-winning books, including most recently,The Making of Asian America: A History, Lee also founded and directs the Immigrant Stories Digital Storytelling Project, which works with recent immigrants and refugees to create, preserve, and share their immigration stories through a free multi-lingual web app and publicly-accessible archive. She is also an active public intellectual and is a frequent news commentator and consultant. In 2018, she was named one of thirty-one Andrew Carnegie Fellows for 2018-2020 and is currently completing a book on the history of American xenophobia.
Village Roadshow Theatrette
State Library of Victoria
Entry 3 179 Latrobe Street
Other events by type
- Australian Print Triennial - Mungo Exhibition
17th Jan 2019 10:00am
- Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems Launch
20th Feb 2019 3:00pm
- 2019 New Delhi Alumni Dinner
21st Feb 2019 7:30pm
- Strong laws under trimming – a comparison between iid random variables and dynamical systems
22nd Feb 2019 12:00pm
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019