Alongside the Right to Water
Join us for an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene.
- Tuesday 07 June 2022 01:00 pm until Tuesday 07 June 2022 02:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Kathleen Birrell
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Law School
- Type of Event:
In this session we will be looking at Astrida Neimanis, ‘Alongside the Right to Water, a Posthumanist Feminist Imaginary’(2014) 5(1) Journal of Human Rights and the Environment 5-24.
We invite you to join an interdisciplinary, cross-institutional reading group, focused on encounters between laws and different scholarly traditions in the context of the Anthropocene. In 2022, we are exploring texts that consider intersections between subjectivity and matter, the human/inhuman, and the idea of the inhumanities as jurisgenerative.
We are associated with and share common intellectual and activist pursuits with the La Trobe Climate Network.
The group is convened by Dr Kathleen Birrell and meets online.
Please email Kathleen Birrell to RSVP and for access to reading resources.
*Image by Jason deCaires Taylor @jasondecairestaylor
Other events by type
- Geologic Realism: On the Beach of Geologic Time
4th Oct 2022 1:00pm
- Indigenous Language Rights and the Politics of Fear in Asia
4th Oct 2022 5:30pm
- Cleopatra and Antony - Emperors of Rome live
4th Oct 2022 6:00pm
- Performance and book launch: Scotty So and Chunxiao Qu
7th Oct 2022 5:30pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre Seminar
12th Oct 2022 2:30pm