Alcohol Consumption, Consequence and Control in Australia and China
China Studies Research Centre Seminar Series
- Thursday 06 September 2018 02:30 pm until Thursday 06 September 2018 04:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- Jean Zhang
- Presented by:
- Dr Heng (Jason) Jiang, 姜恒
- Type of Event:
Alcohol use and misuse is an important public health issue in many countries, including Australia and China, because of its associations with a number of acute injuries and chronic diseases. This seminar will outline the trends of alcohol consumption and drinking culture in both Australia and China. The consequence of alcohol use in these two countries will be discussed based on the results of the presenter’s research and the Global Burden of Disease study. The public health efforts to control harmful use of alcohol in both Australia and China will be compared and contrasted in order to inform future policy to influence alcohol consumption and reduce related health and social problems in both countries.
About the Speaker
Dr Heng (Jason) Jiang (姜恒) is a Research Fellow at the Centre for Alcohol Policy Research (CAPR), School of Psychology and Public Health, La Trobe University. He obtained his Ph.D in Economics from Deakin University. He is leading and working on a number of ARC, NHMRC, NGO and local government funded research projects. He conducts quantitative and econometric analyses in relation to the harmful use of alcohol and other drugs, with particular research interest on estimating impacts of policy interventions on alcohol, tobacco and drug use, and related social and health issues; links between alcohol and tobacco consumption, non-communicable diseases and injuries.
Room 318, Education 2 (ED2)
La Trobe University
Other events by type
- Barriers to accessing HIV services among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Malaysia: What are the implications for overseas-born Asian MSM living in Australia?
17th Oct 2018 1:00pm
- Psychology colloquium - Experiences of gambling in two regional Australian Aboriginal communities; a social practice analysis
18th Oct 2018 4:00pm
- Alexander the Great: Hellenism, Homicide and the Politics of Murder
18th Oct 2018 6:00pm
- 2018 La Trobe Dentistry and Oral Health CPD Day
20th Oct 2018 8:30am
- Creating Space: Professional Development Day for Artists
24th Oct 2018 9:00am