A Conversation with Chris Lu
A live podcast recording of the Asia Rising podcast via zoom.
- Wednesday 09 September 2020 10:00 am until Wednesday 09 September 2020 11:00 am (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
In its many successes and struggles, the Asian American community can be seen as a microcosm of the nation. Despite often being treated as a monolithic community there is great diversity amongst the groups, and all are impacted by varying degrees to the current coronavirus emergency, the political climate and the inflammatory rhetoric directed at Asian nations.
As the United States approaches a divisive election during the year of a devastating pandemic, La Trobe University’s Asia Rising podcast is pleased to welcome Chris Lu, former Deputy Secretary of Labor in the Obama Administration, to discuss America’s approach to Asia, his role as co-chair of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and the experience of being an Asian-American in the current political climate.
Chris Lu served in the Obama administration as Deputy Secretary of Labor, White House Cabinet Secretary, and Co-Chair of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. He is a senior fellow at the University of Virginia Miller Center.
Other events by type
- Online Seminar: Dialoguing with Images
26th Nov 2020 10:00am
- Film, Talk and Q&A with Richard Lewer: Worse Luck I am Still Here
26th Nov 2020 6:00pm
- Gratitude, resilience and mental wellbeing
2nd Dec 2020 5:00pm
- Regional migrants, refugees and CALD communities in the shadow of Covid-19
2nd Dec 2020 2:00pm
- Artist led conversation: Facing Death Creatively
3rd Dec 2020 6:00pm