A Conversation with Chris Lu
A live podcast recording of the Asia Rising podcast via zoom.
- Wednesday 09 September 2020 10:00 am until Wednesday 09 September 2020 11:00 am (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Asia
- Type of Event:
- Public Lecture; Public
In its many successes and struggles, the Asian American community can be seen as a microcosm of the nation. Despite often being treated as a monolithic community there is great diversity amongst the groups, and all are impacted by varying degrees to the current coronavirus emergency, the political climate and the inflammatory rhetoric directed at Asian nations.
As the United States approaches a divisive election during the year of a devastating pandemic, La Trobe University’s Asia Rising podcast is pleased to welcome Chris Lu, former Deputy Secretary of Labor in the Obama Administration, to discuss America’s approach to Asia, his role as co-chair of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders, and the experience of being an Asian-American in the current political climate.
Chris Lu served in the Obama administration as Deputy Secretary of Labor, White House Cabinet Secretary, and Co-Chair of the White House Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. He is a senior fellow at the University of Virginia Miller Center.
Other events by type
- Kevin Rudd and Malcolm Turnbull—The challenge of China
10th Aug 2021 5:00pm
- Living with Disability Research Seminar Research Seminar Series
11th Aug 2021 3:00pm
- Developing Partnerships Between Australian and Indian Universities
11th Aug 2021 4:30pm
- Gender and Security in Asia
11th Aug 2021 3:30pm
- Food – Different by design, the future is green
15th Aug 2021 2:00pm