2018 Research Integrity Forum: Authorship and Ownership
The Research Education and Development team, together with the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety, are pleased to announce the second Research Integrity Forum.
- Wednesday 29 August 2018 03:00 pm until Wednesday 29 August 2018 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Research Community
- Presented by:
- The Research Education and Development team and the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety
- Type of Event:
- Future Student: Postgraduate; Future Student: International postgraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Alumni; Forum/symposium; Public Lecture; Public
The Research Education and Development team, together with the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety, are pleased to announce the second Research Integrity Forum, which will focus on the theme of authorship and ownership. In a competitive, globalised contemporary landscape, academics have to increasingly grapple with complex circumstances around the ownership of research outputs.
What rules apply to authorship in publications arising from team-based research? How are intellectual property rights assigned in academic publishing? How are issues like self-plagiarism defined and determined? Who ultimately owns the work that academics produce? These questions and more will guide the discussion in this year’s Research Integrity Forum, which will include participation from a diverse range of researchers at different career stages, as well as professional staff who support the university’s research integrity efforts.
John Scott Meeting House, Plenty Rd & Kingsbury Dr, Bundoora VIC 3086
Other events by type
- Future Landscapes for People and Nature
16th Nov 2018 9:00am
- Australian Print Triennial - Mungo Exhibition
17th Jan 2019 10:00am
- Strong laws under trimming – a comparison between iid random variables and dynamical systems
22nd Feb 2019 12:00pm
- La Trobe University Orientation 2019, Melbourne Campus
25th Feb 2019
- Twilight Tour of La Trobe Wildlife Sanctuary
25th Feb 2019 8:30pm