2018 Research Integrity Forum: Authorship and Ownership
The Research Education and Development team, together with the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety, are pleased to announce the second Research Integrity Forum.
- Wednesday 29 August 2018 03:00 pm until Wednesday 29 August 2018 04:30 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Research Community
- Presented by:
- The Research Education and Development team and the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety
- Type of Event:
- Future Student: Postgraduate; Future Student: International postgraduate; Current Student: Postgraduate; Alumni; Forum/symposium; Public Lecture; Public
The Research Education and Development team, together with the Office of Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety, are pleased to announce the second Research Integrity Forum, which will focus on the theme of authorship and ownership. In a competitive, globalised contemporary landscape, academics have to increasingly grapple with complex circumstances around the ownership of research outputs.
What rules apply to authorship in publications arising from team-based research? How are intellectual property rights assigned in academic publishing? How are issues like self-plagiarism defined and determined? Who ultimately owns the work that academics produce? These questions and more will guide the discussion in this year’s Research Integrity Forum, which will include participation from a diverse range of researchers at different career stages, as well as professional staff who support the university’s research integrity efforts.
John Scott Meeting House, Plenty Rd & Kingsbury Dr, Bundoora VIC 3086
Other events by type
- Bendigo Campus Talk and Tours
24th Sep 2018 9:00am
- Choose Clever: Business (Marketing, Accounting and Finance)
24th Sep 2018 8:45am
- Choose Clever: Law and Criminology
24th Sep 2018 12:45pm
- Choose Clever: Physiotherapy
25th Sep 2018 12:45pm
- Choose Clever: Agricultural Science
25th Sep 2018 8:45am