2018 La Trobe Dentistry and Oral Health CPD Day
- Saturday 20 October 2018 08:30 am (Add to calendar)
- Alumni and Advancement
- Presented by:
- La Trobe Department of Dentistry and Oral Health
- Type of Event:
- Alumni; Seminar/Workshop/Training
- Oral Health Therapist - LTU alumni $200, standard $220; Dentists - LTU alumni $250, standard $280; Students - $100
The Department of Dentistry and Oral Health at La Trobe University invites you to register for the 2018 Continuous Professional Development day on Saturday 20 October at the La Trobe City Campus. As there are limited places, we would encourage you to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. Find out more about the speaker and where to register here.
- Diagnosis and Management of TMD - Dr Micheal Stubbs
- Protocols in management of patients on novel anticoagulants - Dr Hanlie Engelbrecht
- The art and science of smile design - Dr Varun Garg
- Periodontal consideration in orthodontics - Dr Michael Zhao
- From being a good to a great dental practitioner - Dr Toni Surace
CPD certification = 5 hours CPD points.
Dr Hanlie Engelbrecht,
Hanlie completed her undergraduate studies at the University of Pretoria and her postgraduate training at the University of Witwatersrand in Johannesburg. She completed a Fellowship in Craniofacial Cleft Surgery at the Pretoria Craniofacial Cleft Clinic, the biggest Cleft Clinic in Africa.
She relocated to Melbourne in 2013, is registered in Australia as a specialist Oral Surgeon. Aside from working with Liberty Dental Centre, she works at the Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne, the University of Melbourne and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Hanlie is passionate about all aspects of Oral Surgery, especially about the aesthetic rehabilitation of patients who have lost teeth. Seeing confident smiles restored is her aim.
Dr Michael Zhao Orthodontist
Michael completed his General Dental degree at Otago University in New Zealand, and then started working in both public and private sectors. He completed his speciality training from the University of Melbourne.
Dr Varun Garg Prosthodontist
Dr. Varun Garg is a Melbourne based Prosthodontist. He completed his Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) in 2017 and maintains specialist private practices in Collins Street and Tullamarine. He is also actively involved with fixed prosthodontic teaching as a clinical supervisor at The University of Melbourne and other CPD programs.
Dr Toni Surace
|Dr Toni Surace graduated from Melbourne University in Dental Science in 1995 and formed her practice, Smile Style Dental in 2000. As a Principal Dentist, Dr Surace went through the Momentum Management Program and found by implementing procedures, protocols and systems, she could run her practice remotely and leverage her time. She then became a coach and trainer at Momentum Management and loved it so much that she decided to buy the company!|
Today as the head of Momentum Management, Toni has become a renowned international presenter where she is able to draw on her own experiences as well as her clients to help others tackle any issue impacting their practice
Dr Michael Stubbs Oral Medicine Specialist
Michael completed his speciality training from the University of Melbourne in 2002. He is a vising lecturer of Melbourne University and Associate Professor at La Trobe University. He has been working as a private Oral Medicine Specialist Practitioner since 2003.
He is also a clinical editor of “Australasian Dentist” Magazine. Michael has published many articles and he has contributed significantly by being a member of many organisations. He is actively involved in teaching both undergraduate and postgraduate students in the management of medically compromised patients.
Level 2, Room 2.10, La Trobe City Campus
360 Collins street, Melbourne VIC 3000
Other events by type
- Measurement of Reproductive Health Indicators in Sub-Saharan Africa
1st May 2019 12:30pm
- The State of Indonesia: A Post-Election Panel
1st May 2019 6:00pm
- Post-truth politics: make your vote count
2nd May 2019 6:30pm
- One Country, One System: The Emergence and Implications of the Hong Kong Independence Movement
2nd May 2019 6:00pm
- Living with Disability Research Centre May 2019 Seminar
8th May 2019 3:00pm