Secondary school teachers prepare young people for employment or further study.
As a secondary school teacher, you will teach two subjects from Year 7 to Year 12. You could specialise in areas such as English, history, mathematics or science.
Secondary school courses will give you:
- enthusiasm and ability in your chosen subject areas
- enthusiasm for working with teenagers
- active engagement with students of differing abilities and cultures
- high-level organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- a willingness to work outside of school hours.