Pathways to teaching
There are many ways to enter an undergraduate teaching degree, including:
- with your year 12 ATAR/OP score.
- through a Bachelor of Educational Studies. If you successfully complete six first year subjects you can apply to transfer into the second year of an undergraduate teaching degree
- with a vocational education and training (VET) qualification
- recognition for previous study (if you meet the entry requirements)
- the mature age entry scheme
- enrolling in single subjects.
Graduate Teaching Degree
If you successfully complete any undergraduate degree at any institution you can enter a Graduate Entry Teaching program. These include the Master of Teaching (Primary) or Master of Teaching (Secondary).
You must have a professional teaching registration to be a principal, primary or secondary school teacher.
To work in early learning or early childhood, you must register with the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA).