How to apply


Australian citizens, Permanent Residents or New Zealand citizens apply through the Tertiary Admissions Centre (TAC) of their state or territory:

You can check course requirements by searching for your course on the La Trobe website.


Mature age students may need to submit an autobiographical essay, undertake a STAT multiple choice, STAT written English or sit a mathematics test. This will depend on which course you wish to study.


If you want to study a postgraduate course, you should apply directly to La Trobe. Application forms can be downloaded from the La Trobe University Postgraduate students page.

Applicants of the Graduate Diploma in Outdoor and Environmental Education must also submit an Application Profile form (PDF 23KB).

International students

If you are an international student studying Year 12 in Australia, you should apply through the TAC of your state or territory.

If you are not studying Year 12 in Australia, you must apply directly to La Trobe University. Visit La Trobe International for more information.