Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
If you're keen to develop your teaching capabilities and understand how to better support learning, La Trobe's Graduate Certificate in Higher Education Curriculum, Teaching and Learning will give you a deep understanding of the key theories in teaching and curriculum design within a practice-based course.
This flexible, online course is exclusively available to staff at La Trobe who are in a teaching and learning role. The course is designed for a wide range of academic and professional staff, from academic lecturers to library learning advisors. You'll complete 4 subjects which can be taken full-time over one year or part-time over 2 years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I am a sessional staff, what do I need for my application?
You will need a signed Sessional Staff Endorsement Letter as a supporting document when applying for the course. The endorsement letter must be signed by your Head of School or Head of Department.
- I am from a third party provider, what do I need for my application?
If you are a staff from an associated Third Party Provider Institution you will need to provide a Third Party Provider Endorsement Letter signed by a Head of School or Head of Department at La Trobe University. Upload this letter as a supporting document when applying for the course.
- I am not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, can I apply?
Yes, applicants who are not Australian citizens or permanent residents (including New Zealand citizens) can apply to the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education if your visa allows you to undertake study in Australia.
Important: This course is not available to student visa holders.
- How long does the application process take?
Applications are processed by the Admissions team and it can take between 2 to 6 weeks for you to receive an offer.
Processing times will vary depending on your specific circumstances.
If you are waiting for an offer, recognition of prior learning, or if you want to know if you can apply for the current semester, please contact Ask La Trobe Admissions team.
Subject key dates
The document below contains this semester's seminar and assessment dates.
- My Statement of Account is showing I owe fees
Please note that in some cases, costs may appear in your Statement of Account. These costs will automatically revert by Census date, if this is not the case, please contact Ask La Trobe to update them.
- What are the Key Semester dates?
You can find the key semester dates, including assessment submission dates and Education Seminar timetable on your LMS. If you are unable to attend the live session, all seminars are recorded and made available on your LMS.
- I am currently enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Higher Education. If I leave the University, will I be able to complete the qualification?
Yes, the University has committed to supporting staff who are enrolled in the GCHE before July 2021 to complete up until the end of 2022, regardless of whether they are actively teaching during their enrolment. There will be no subject enrolment fees during this period.
- I’m having issues with my LMS
To access the LMS you must use your student ID account (not your staff account).
All LMS notifications, including messages from your teachers, will be sent to your student email. If you don’t want to miss any message, we recommend you forward your student emails to another email address (e.g. your staff email address). You can set this feature up via the options in your Office 365 account (Options > Accounts > Forwarding).
- Why isn’t EDU4DDO (Delivery and Design) on my study plan? How do I add it to my study plan?
EDU4DDO is included in study plans for all students commencing the course from Semester 2, 2020. If you commenced the course prior to Semester 2, 2020, and DDO is not present in your study plan, you may need to request an Alternate Study Plan Request form from the Course Coordinator. The completed ASPR form and Variation of Enrolment will need to be submitted via StudentOnline.
- I can’t find what I’m looking for
For specific questions, please contact Helen Enright, Course Coordinator via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For more information about applications, advance standing, enrolment questions or issues, course fees, SSAF or statements of account, contact Ask La Trobe.
- For information about course content and structure contact Helen Enright, Course Coordinator.
- For general course information, please email EdServices@latrobe.edu.au