Education help and support
Learning and Teaching Lounge | Consultations
Thinking of ways to improve your subjects? Book a consultation with the Education Services team to discuss.
What can we help with?
We can support you to plan, design and deliver online teaching, no matter your level of knowledge. By booking a consult with us, you will be provided with a range of resources, including but not limited to:
Teaching with Technology
- ZOOM (real-time communication technology)
- Echo (lecture recording software)
- Learning Management System (including commonly used tool – Gradebook, forums)
- Camtasia (video recording and editing software)
- H5P (interactive content software)
- PebblePad (digital portfolios)
- DORIS (video hosting platform)
- designing online learning activities
- developing online assessment (summative and formative)
- communicating and collaborating with geographically dispersed students
Assessment and feedback
- constructing the assessment regime in your course or subject
- creating assessment tasks
- communicating assessment requirements
- providing quality feedback on assessment for learning
- designing rubrics for assessment items
- setting up and using Gradebook effectively
- digital portfolios for employability (including PebblePad)
- involving students in the assessment and feedback process.
- And more!
Book a consultation
To make an online booking, please send an email to EdServices@latrobe.edu.au including the following information:
- email subject line: request for Education Services online assistance
- brief description of the type of assistance required (e.g. quiz, echo recording, etc)
- preferred time and date for online consultation (available between 10:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday).
- best contact number
Once your email has been received, a staff member from Education Services will be in touch to confirm your booking time and date.
Note: Consultations can be offered online, over the phone or in person.
Ed Tech Teaching Support
The Online Education Services support team provide La Trobe University and partner staff with support to effectively use educational technologies.
The following self-enrol modules are available for all staff wanting to learn the basics of La Trobe's educational technologies.
- Introduction to the Learning Management System (LMS) - The LMS is a platform that supports the creation of a collaborative online learning environment with a set of tools and activities that facilitate teaching and learning.
- Introduction to PebblePad - PebblePad is a platform that supports the creation of an online personal learning space and ePortfolios.
- Introduction to H5P - H5P is an open and free technology integrated into the LMS that enables the creation, sharing and reusing of interactive HTML5 content.
Online support and Self-access resources
Staff can request online support anytime via Ask EdTech. On this page, you can also find a knowledge base of step-by-step guides and checklists will answer your questions on how to complete common tasks.
Find answers to your questions or submit a request via Ask EdTech.
If you need to talk to us, call 03 9479 1500 (Option 1 > Option 3).
Non-University partner staff can request support via the Get Help from EdTech webform or call 03 9479 1500 (Option 1 > Option 3).
Student support in the use of the LMS and other La Trobe University supported educational technologies can be found at the Study Tools website or by contacting Student IT Support (SITS) or ASK La Trobe.
How do I access Education Services?
For more information about our services please email us on EdServices@latrobe.edu.au.