The Curriculum Development Program supports staff within the University to redesign and deliver subjects and courses to enhance learning experiences for students.
The curriculum development process includes:
- a Curriculum Design Intensive (CDI) workshop to explore the teaching and learning possibilities in your subject or course using active pedagogies, best practice assessment and feedback approaches, and digital technologies
- consultations to flexibly support you in the design and delivery of your subject or course
- an example subject outline in the LMS with professional development to assist you to create and manage the new LMS build of your subjects
- quality and standards review of the course and subject including mapping assessments to Intended Learning Outcomes, accreditation competencies, graduate capabilities and appropriate Australian Quality Framework (AQF) levels
- evaluation of the student experience to measure the success of your new subject design during and after delivery to continually improve the subject
- discipline-specific expertise from Senior Learning Advisors in the library
- teaching and learning forums for sharing success with colleagues by communicating your subject design.
Benefits for you and your students
- Collaborate with educational developers and designers to design and deliver engaging learning experiences for students at subject and course levels.
- Convert your professional learning into recognition for teaching innovation and practice or academic promotion.
- Integrate digital learning technologies into your subject.
- Empower students to be agents in their own learning and encourage collaboration between students.
- Increase the flexibility of student engagement with the curriculum.
By actively participating in the Curriculum Development Program, you will:
- collaborate with educational developers, designers and colleagues on a new design for your subject or course
- co-create the teaching, learning and assessment activities for your subject or course
- be able to work independently to complete the redesign of your subject
- engage collaboratively to develop or renew the structure of your course
- contribute to your professional development in teaching and learning.
How do I get involved?
Contact Education Services to discuss Curriculum Development opportunities.