Echo360 screen capture
Accessing the Studio
- Use the 1BS booking system to reserve an available time.
- Enter the studio at your designated time using your staff ID card.
- Note: The 1BS room lights will automatically switch on when you enter.
Logging in to the whiteboard
- Go to the A/V Console and Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the computer keyboard and enter your La Trobe username and password to access the system.
- If the computer is in sleep mode, press any key to display login options. The interactive whiteboard will power on and display the time and date.
- Login to the Windows 10 operating system.
Note: Since you will generally be bypassing the 1BS video recording function of the studio if you prefer more light in the room you can turn the studio lights on by insert a USB Flash Drive in the 1BS dock on the AV Console. The software will start up and display the camera view but you don't need to be concerned with this.
Setting up Echo360 to record
Setup will be different based on which applications you will be using to deliver your presentation, for example, PowerPoint, whiteboard annotation/drawing, web browsing or other applications. See the relevant pages on this site for more information on how to use these technologies.
To set up Echo360
- From the Start>Program menu, Launch ECHO360 Personal capture
- From the menu, Select Audio Input and select Video Input
- Select the Quality/File size drop-down option > Best Quality/Larger Files
Recording your presentation using Echo360 Personal Capture
- Enter the Title of the Recording
- Click the Record button
- You will have a 5 second countdown before the recording begins.
- Begin your presentation
- When you have finished your presentation, find the ECHO360 Personal capture software which will be minimized in the toolbar (bottom of screen) Click the STOP button to end the recording and your recording will display in the recordings list.
Editing and finishing your recording
You may need to edit your video to remove the beginning and the end sections.
- From ECHO360 Personal capture, hover your mouse over the recording, select the pencil icon to begin editing the video.
- Select the beginning section which you wish to remove using the two edit triangles. Select “Make cut” to register the edit points.
- Select the ending section which you wish to remove using the two edit triangles. Select “Make cut” to register the edit points.
- To remove the two registered edit sections, Select “Apply edits”
Publishing your final edited recording to Echo360
- From ECHO360 Personal capture, hover your mouse over the recording, select the tickbox arrow icon to begin publishing the video
- Enter your Username and Password to login to ECHO360
- Input the Title if required
- Select ECHO Course which you wish this video to be available to
- Select the output option best for two person video Display Only (Podcast/Vodcast/EchoPlayer). Balanced between file size & quality
- Select the Upload button
- When the upload has completed, close this application
- Finishing up and exit
Finish up and exit
- Close any open applications or programs
- Sign out of Windows by clicking Start button> [your name] > Sign out
- The room equipment will automatically go into Sleep mode
- Leave the space clean and neat
- Exit the room and ensure the door is closed behind you