Our staff and collaborators
Professor Gillian Sullivan Mort is Centre Director. She also holds a conjoint appointment as Professor of Marketing at La Trobe Business School.
Gillian Sullivan Mort's core projects revolve around the application of Social Business in corporations and SMEs and its application for community and economic development in non-profits and local government. Gillian's publications in social entrepreneurship are widely cited and she has a background in government and non-profits. She supervises research students in this area and consults to business and government sectors.
T: (03) 9479 1318
Chief Operating Officer (COO) - On Leave
Mr Rafiuddin Ahmed is the Centre COO. He is on leave from his position as Associate Professor at Dhaka University, Dhaka, Bangladesh and working on his PhD in social business.
His research centres around enhancing young social business entrepreneurs' capacity to develop solutions to social problems in developed countries like Australia.
T: (03) 9479 1111
Academic and research advisors - staff at La Trobe University
- Professor Clare D'Souza - Sustainability and Environmental Consciousness
- Associate Professor Vanessa Ratten - Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Professor Kamran Ahmed - Financial Sustainability Metrics
- Dr Ishaq Bhatti - Islamic Banking and Social Business
- Dr Marthin Nanere - Social Innovation in Food; Regional Innovation Hotspots & Systems; Indonesian Business
- Dr Tanvir Ahmed - Innovation in Poor Places
- Melbourne Innovation Hub
- Darebin Council
- Hatch and Catch event and workshop
- La Trobe Asia
- NUK National University of Kaohsiung - Taiwan
- Kyushu University - Japan
- Department of Marketing - Bangladesh, Dhaka University
- Yunus Social Business Health Hub (UNSM)
- Yunus Centre Asian Institute of Technology - Thailand
- Yunus Centre for Social Business and Health - UK, Glasgow Caledonian University
- Yunus Social Business Centre - Italy, University of Florence