Using Social Media for Business
Develop social media skills to drive engagement and sales for your organisation.
The acceleration to digital means businesses of all sizes need to know how to effectively harness social media to engage with customers in a lockdown environment. This program provides you with the knowledge and skills to plan, develop and deliver a social media campaign for your organisation.
|Location||City campus (dependent on restrictions on face-to-face teaching)|
|Registrations close||11:55 pm Sunday 20 June|
Session 1: Wednesday 30 June|
Session 2: Friday 2 July
Session 3: Monday 5 July
|Time||All sessions 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm AEST/AEDT|
|Duration||6 hours (3 x 2-hour sessions)|
|Prerequisites||There are no prerequisites for this course. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||Certificate of Attendance|
|Fees||$500 inc. GST|
La Trobe's workshop in social media will give you the skills you need to increase your organisation's social media presence and engage new audiences.
Over three 2-hour sessions you'll engage in a mix of case studies, interactive hands-on sessions and presentations designed to equip you with the skills to define your organisation's need and formulate a social media strategy.
You'll gain insights into a broad range of social media contexts while learning how to use contemporary social media tools and platforms. You will also have the opportunity to discuss and explore your own social media problems and ideas in class.
Delivered by industry practitioners and designed based on La Trobe's world-leading business analytics program this short course will provide you with relevant and in demand skills in social media.
Social media engagement is becoming increasingly important for businesses of all sizes. A strong social media strategy can help your organisation to remain visible and engaged throughout the pandemic lockdown and beyond.
After completing this program, you will have access to further readings, a recording of the sessions and a social media action kit to help you plan your next social media strategy.
After this short course, you'll:
- understand the techniques used in social media market research
- be able to apply social media principles and techniques in practice
- be able to develop a social media marketing plan and evaluate its success.
You'll learn how to:
- use social media tools
- project manage a social media campaign
- create a social media calendar
- acquire, retain and grow your customer base
- develop your brand and engage customers
- segment, target and position your message and campaign
- establish goals using the 5S'
- create your vision for digital channels
- undertake a social media audit. Identifying your customers, market, competitors and influencers.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Zoom and PowerPoint skills).
- To get the most out of the program participants should have at least two years of work experience or have attained a Certificate or Diploma level qualification.