Nurse Immuniser Program
Recognised by the Chief Health Officer, Victorian Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
For Registered Nurses who wish to become independent nurse immunisers in Victoria. This program covers immunisation throughout the lifespan but excludes travel immunisation.
|Location||Online with two compulsory on-campus study days at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus|
|Date/s||Friday 9 July - Monday 13 December, 2021|
|Registrations close||Early bird||11:55 pm Sunday 6 June 2021|
|Standard||11:55 pm Sunday 27 June 2021|
|Prerequisite/s||Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse. This program is not suitable for enrolled nurses. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||150 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fee/s||CPD student early bird||$1,500.00 GST exempt|
|CPD student standard||$2,000.00 GST exempt|
|Award student early bird||$2,000.00 GST exempt|
|Award student standard||$2,200.00 GST exempt|
The Nurse Immuniser Program is available on a fee-paying basis as a continuing education subject and as a 15-credit point elective toward postgraduate award studies in Nursing. It is delivered in flexible mode and online and includes two full face-to-face study days that involve clinical practicum support. This program is offered twice a year. Registered Nurses wishing to become Nurse Immunisers must successfully complete all the components of the program.
The program includes three components:
- Theory: Delivered via flexible online mode over fifteen (15) weeks study, supported by two compulsory on-campus study days. The assessment comprises compulsory written activities and an open-book examination.
- Workshop: Students must attend both on-campus study days. The first day includes Managing Adverse Events Following Immunisation (MAEFI). The second study day covers Catch Up Scenarios and Practice Skills.
- Clinical: Successfully complete the clinical practicum requirements under the direct mentorship of an accredited immuniser.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
Prerequisites at time of clinical placement
The following documents must be provided to the mentor on the first day of clinical placement. Students are advised to apply for documents upon acceptance in the program.
- Evidence of passing all theoretical components
- A copy of current CPR certificate - Performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation unit of competency for adults, children and infants (or equivalent)
- A copy of current Police Check
- A copy of current Working with Children Check
View the Nurse Immuniser Program FAQs or contact La Trobe Executive and Professional Education:
T: 1300 135 045
This program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers. A refund will be provided if the program is cancelled.