Introduction to Evidence-based Midwifery Practice
Explore the design and methods of health research in the maternity context.
This 10-hour online program is designed for people working in midwifery and maternal and child health nursing. Increase your understanding of research and evidence through examining research methods that support evidence-based practice and will allow you to interpret and understand research evidence and its impact on midwifery practice.
|Date/s||Open for enrolments at anytime|
|Duration||12 weeks from time of registration|
|Prerequisite/s||Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Health Professional.|
|Certification||Certificate of Attendance for 10 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fee/s||$380.00 + GST|
Interpret and understand research evidence and its impact on midwifery practice. Specific areas of focus within this course will include the foundations of evidence-based practice with an understanding of various research designs including quantitative and qualitative approaches. It will also allow students to develop an understanding of critical appraisal including reviewing the literature and critiquing evidence within the realm of maternity care.
Evidence-based practice and research
- Key principles of evidence-based practice
- Different research designs including qualitative and quantitative research
The importance of critical appraisal in research
- meaning of critical appraisal
- rationale for critical appraisal for midwives/health care professionals
- use of common appraisal techniques
- where to find and how to use literature databases
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Learners must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software).
T: 1300 135 045