Leadership and Management in Healthcare
Leadership in nursing and midwifery is required everywhere and is not confined to board rooms.
This course scrutinises different types of leadership and whether the nomenclature of leadership and management is interchangeable or two different skillsets.
|Registrations close||Early bird||11.55 pm Sunday 31 January 2021|
|Standard||11.55 pm Sunday 14 February 2021|
|Date/s||1 March – 23 May, 2021|
|Prerequisite/s||Current certificate with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in nursing or allied health or an international equivalent. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||58 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fee/s||Early bird||$2,200.00 GST exempt|
|Standard||$2,400.00 GST exempt|
This course scrutinises different types of leadership and whether the nomenclature of leadership and management is interchangeable or two different skillsets. Students will have an opportunity to analyse and appraise failures of leadership and management of global importance as well as absorbing a plethora of content including performance management, leadership development of others, organisational culture and change management.
Each course is equivalent to 15-credit points at the postgraduate level (AQF levels 8/9). Completion of the course in this format will enable you to apply for advanced standing into postgraduate studies in the School of Nursing and Midwifery at La Trobe University.
- Introduction to Management
- Organisational Performance
- Contextual Leadership and Management skills
- Leadership Development plans
- Personal to Organisational Leadership development
- Developing Leadership within the larger Healthcare community
- Managing and Implementing Change
There are a two assessment tasks in this course:
- Written assessment
- Online quiz
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
Contact La Trobe Executive and Professional Education:
T: 1300 135 045
This program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers. A refund will be provided if the program is cancelled.