Foundations of Wound Management
Unveil the complexities of wound care management.
This course steps you through fundamental knowledge and best evidence decision making for health professionals working in a variety of settings including primary care, community care, acute care and specialised wound care services.
|Date/s||15 March – 23 May, 2021|
|Prerequisite/s||Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Health Professional. Certificate of currency must be provided. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||50 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fees||Early Bird||$2,200.00 GST exempt|
|Standard||$2,400.00 GST exempt|
This course is delivered online over 10 weeks with tutor support. The course is equivalent to a 15-credit point postgraduate subject and can be used to apply for advanced standing into La Trobe’s School of Nursing and Midwifery postgraduate award courses.
Case studies and online assessments are used to encourage students to draw from their learning, relevant research and experience to develop a holistic patient wound management plan.
- Skin physiology and its function
- Physiology of wound healing
- Wound Assessment
- Wound bed preparation
- Understanding wound aetiology
- Different assaults on the skin
- Factors affecting wound healing
- Product decision making
- Developing a holistic wound management plan
There are two assessment tasks:
- Online quizzes
- Written case study
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
Contact La Trobe Executive and Professional Education:
T: 1300 135 045
This program is subject to minimum enrolment numbers. A refund will be provided if the program is cancelled.