Data visualisation with Tableau
Learn how to visualise data with Tableau to drive effective business outcomes.
Harness the power of Tableau to improve your business presentations and communicate effectively with your stakeholders. Learn how to create interactive and informative dashboards to support your analysis and drive better business outcomes.
Session 1: Friday 6 November|
Session 2: Friday 13 November
|Registrations close||No longer taking registrations. Register your interest for the next round.|
|Time||All sessions 10.00am to 12.00pm AEST/AEDT|
|Duration||4 hours (2 x 2-hour sessions) delivered online|
|Prerequisites||There are no prerequisites for this course. See below for extra requirements.|
|Certification||Certificate of Attendance|
|Fees||$500 inc. GST|
La Trobe's online workshop in data visualisation, designed for first time users of Tableau, will give you the skills to prepare and present data in engaging and informative ways.
Over two sessions you'll be taught by an industry professional with over 10 years' experience to transform business data into engaging visualisations and use it to its full potential when presenting within an online environment.
You will engage in a mix of case studies, interactive hands-on sessions and presentations designed to help you understand both how and when to use key functions of Tableau. You can even choose to bring your own data and receive guidance on how to turn it into an effective dashboard.
After completing this program, you will have access to further readings and a recording of the sessions so you can continue to learn as you take your new skills back into the workplace.
If you've ever wondered whether there was better way to present your information than Excel and its built-in graphs, this course is for you. Using data to tell a story has moved beyond static tables and spreadsheets as new data visualisation techniques have given rise to interactive and engaging experiences for end-users.
Learn how to avoid information overload, improve your presentations, and give yourself a professional advantage.
- Best practices in the industry on data visualisation
- Key Tableau features including how to create interactive visuals
- The process of transforming data into functional visuals with a real-world data set
- How to publish your work to engage with your stakeholders electronically or in a virtual environment.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Zoom and PowerPoint skills).
- Tableau software for this short course will be provided before the first session.
- Student need to be able to install this software on their computer.
- To get the most out of the program participants should have at least two years of work experience or have attained a Certificate or Diploma level qualification.