Comprehensive Health Assessment of the Older Person (CHAOP)
Develop hands-on skills in assessment, care planning and care delivery for older people.
Delivered by La Trobe’s Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care (ACEBAC), this workshop is an opportunity to update your knowledge and skills while adding to your hours of continuing nursing education.
|Location||Your aged care facility or health service|
|Certification||18 hours of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)|
|Fee/s||$670 - $980 inc. GST per person, depending on your location|
La Trobe University is offering workshops on Comprehensive Health Assessment of the Older Person (CHAOP) for all nurses from all sectors, who provide care to older people.
Workshops involve three days of interactive, hands-on skills development, aided by simulation mannequins. All participants will receive a comprehensive resource manual which includes the eight health assessment modules, links to other resources and a copy of all the presentation slides.
Over two thousand very satisfied nurses have already completed workshops with La Trobe University.
You’ll be better and comprehensively educated and equipped to conduct a CHAOP:
- as an initial baseline
- as a follow up or when there are known risk factors
- as a focused assessment, which consists of a thorough assessment of a particular problem where some assessment data already exists
- in response to an emergency or following a transfer from another health service
- in residential aged care (CHAOP can inform Aged Care Funding Instrument (ACFI) assessment)
- for improved assessment and care planning and care delivery to older people
- Clinical reasoning and general assessment skills
- Communication of assessment and professional issues
- Musculoskeletal assessment
- Nutrition, metabolism and elimination assessment
- Cardiovascular assessment
- Respiratory assessment
- Cognitive and perceptual assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
View the Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care’s workshops page or contact us:
T: +61 3 9479 6607
By completing the registration form you are expressing interest in attending a course and we will follow up with further advice regarding venues and pricing that may be suitable given your home address or workplace.