Basic Statistics with R
Learn a simple yet powerful way to design and carry out analyses in R, a free software package for statistical computing and graphics.
Basic Statistics with R introduces statistical concepts in a non-technical way and emphasises their practical application in R. The workshop will provide plenty of opportunities to gain hands-on experience and to access in-class support.
|Date/s||19 - 21 August, 2020|
|Duration||3 half-day sessions, 1-5pm daily|
|Prerequisite/s||A basic understanding of statistics is helpful but not essential. No prior knowledge of R is assumed.|
|Fees||La Trobe students||$250.00|
|La Trobe staff||$350.00|
|Non-La Trobe||$995.00 (plus GST)|
- introduction to R
- importing and exporting data sets
- numerical and graphical summaries of data
- descriptive statistics and plots
- hypothesis testing (t-tests, ANOVA and Chi-squared tests)
- confidence intervals and p-values
- simple linear regression
- power and sample size considerations.
The R package will be used within the user friendly R-Studio interface.
For more information contact Statistics.Consultancy@latrobe.edu.au