Bachelor of Healthcare
*N/A: Not applicable, N/P: Not published, NC: New course, RC: Range of criteria.
Additional information on the 2018 intake is now available at the ATAR Wizard.
The Bachelor of Healthcare provides you with the opportunity to develop a broad understanding of the field of healthcare with foundational knowledge of nursing, supplemented by grounding in contemporary healthcare topics. This degree is offered in conjunction with our TAFE partners who undertake teaching of the first 11 subjects. You'll be required to transfer from a TAFE partner campus to a La Trobe University campus to complete the final 13 subjects.
You have the opportunity to transfer into the Bachelor of Nursing (Enrolled Nurse) degree after completing 11 subjects if they hold AHPRA division 2 nursing registration. You may also exit with a Diploma of Healthcare after completing 120 credit points.
This course is delivered in partnership with:
- Bendigo TAFE at Bendigo. For more information please visit the Bendigo TAFE website
- Chisholm at Berwick and Frankston. For more information please visit the Chisholm website
- Goulburn Ovens TAFE (GOTAFE) at Benalla, Cobram, Echuca, Seymour, Shepparton and Wangaratta. For more information please visit the GOTAFE website
- Kangan at Moonee Ponds. For more information please visit the Kangan website
- Wodonga Institute of TAFE at Wodonga. For more information please visit the Wodonga TAFE website
Students are admitted on one of the following bases:
- successfully completed HE study or
- successfully completed a bridging or enabling course through a HE provider or
- successfully completed VET study at cert IV or above or
- successfully completed year 12 within last 2 years (VCE, VCAL, IB) (Include ATAR)
- life experience and work or community / voluntary service history of at least 2 years since leaving school and
- testing utilising VETASSESS and/or ACER LLN and
- interview or personal statement*
* Interview or personal statement will include coverage of the following topics:
- motivation for study
- work or community / voluntary service history
Students will be required to undergo an interview, however if they are unable to attend a personal statement will be accepted.
*The presentation of entry requirements is currently transitioning to the new Australian Government admissions transparency format. Please check back in June for the new statement.
Students exiting with a Diploma could seek opportunities for work in a range of healthcare assistance roles. Students exiting with the Bachelor's degree could seek employment in a range of health roles and fields such as: - aged and disabled carers - health and welfare service managers - occupational and environmental health officers - personal care consultants - special care workers - welfare support workers.
Fees and costs
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning.
Find out more about undergraduate course fees.
Scholarships are available for both current and future students. Find out what La Trobe scholarship opportunities might be available to you.
How to apply
- Bendigo TAFE: 13TAFE (8233)
- GOTAFE: 1300 GOTAFE (468233)
- Chisholm: 1300 244 746
- Kangan: 13TAFE (8233)
- Wodonga: 1300 MYTAFE (1300 698 233)
A La Trobe University representative will also attend your class to help you enrol and answer your questions.
See Student Handbook for more details
The Handbook contains detailed course information designed for enrolled students, including course structures, electives and options. The delivery of this course can vary between campuses. For detailed information please select the relevant campus: