Bachelor of Community Services
*N/A: Not applicable, N/P: Not published, NC: New course, RC: Range of criteria.
Additional information on the 2018 intake is now available at the ATAR Wizard.
The Bachelor of Community Services is an alternative pathway for TAFE Diploma students to progress to university level study in Community Services. The course requires co-enrolment at an approved TAFE partner. Students have the opportunity to exit with an Associate Degree after completing 240 credit points. Students may also apply to transfer to year three of the Bachelor of Human Services and Master of Social Work degree upon successful completion of 240 credit points.
This course is delivered in partnership with:
- Bendigo TAFE at Bendigo. For more information please visit the Bendigo TAFE website
- Chisholm at Frankston and Dandenong. For more information please visit the Chisholm website
- Goulburn Ovens TAFE (GOTAFE) at Shepparton and Wangaratta. For more information please visit the GOTAFE website
- Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (SuniTAFE) at Mildura. For more information please visit the SuniTAFE website
- Wodonga Institute of TAFE at Wodonga. For more information please visit the Wodonga TAFE website
Applicants must have completed an accredited ACWA Diploma of Community Services, or be concurrently enrolled in an accredited ACWA Diploma of Community Services at a partner TAFE and have met the TAFE enrolment criteria.
Employment opportunities for graduates include migrant/refugee advocates, juvenile justice support workers, refugee liaison officers, welfare coordinators, community correction officers, youth workers.
Fees and costs
Your course fees will depend on the subjects you choose to study: each subject has its own costs. The total course fee may vary depending on the subjects you choose, your study load, the time it takes to complete your course and your approved Credit for Prior Learning.
Find out more about undergraduate course fees.
Scholarships are available for both current and future students. Find out what La Trobe scholarship opportunities might be available to you.
How to apply
- Bendigo TAFE: 13TAFE (138 233)
- Chisholm: 1300 244 746
- GOTAFE: 1300GOTAFE (468 233)
- SUNITAFE: 03 5022 3666: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wodonga: 1300 MYTAFE (1300 698 233)
A La Trobe University representative will also attend your class to help you enrol and answer your questions.
See Student Handbook for more details
The Handbook contains detailed course information designed for enrolled students, including course structures, electives and options. The delivery of this course can vary between campuses. For detailed information please select the relevant campus: