Industry Based Learning - Melbourne Campus
Industry Based Learning (IBL) is a work placement program offered to students in our IT courses at our Melbourne campus.
The program is available to final year students from all Computer Science & Information Technology courses. The program allows students to spend 12 weeks gaining workplace experience and forming invaluable relationships with industry professionals.
We have a long history of placing students in dynamic work environments. You may be placed in organisations at very different levels — from small startups to large multinational companies.
We will assist you in complementing your coursework, in line with your interests and circumstances to achieve work integrated learning outcomes.
- subjects span across semester 1, semester 2 and summer semester
- project or operationally based placements available
- university sourced placements available on industry demand or self-sourced placements can also apply
- equal to a minimum of 12 weeks full-time study per subject. Hours per week may vary, depending on organisation.
- 30 credit points per IBL subject.
How to apply
Express your interest for the program by contacting the IBL coordinator with a CV and academic transcript.
Register your interest in becoming an IBL Industry Partner/Sponsor.
Dr Scott Mann, IBL Coordinator (Melbourne)
Phone +61 3 9479 2202