Young School Aged Children
Treatment for school aged children requires an individualised approach and may combine a number of intervention approaches. Treating stuttering in children whose stuttering has persisted beyond the preschool years may involve adjusting expectations so that we can work with parents/carers to set realistic and achievable goals for their child's fluency. Research shows that eliminating stuttering beyond 6yrs of age may for some children be less likely than when they were younger but still possible. We therefore aim to treat school aged children using individualised programs for each child.
Our principles of treatment remain family-centred and treatment decisions are based on:
1. Client preferences
2. Research evidence
3. The expertise of your clinician to ensure that you are supported to make your decisions with knowledge and understanding about stuttering.
4. We are focused on enabling and supporting you and your child to achieve best outcomes in achieving and maintaining fluency and overall well-being in communication, social interactions, education and all domains of life.
Please complete and return the following application forms. These forms must be completed before a referral will be processed.
If any assistance is required to complete these forms, please call clinic reception on (03) 9479 1921 or email email@example.com to request assistance.
- Request for services: consumer information [PDF 632 KB]
- Consent form [PDF 491 KB]
- Paediatric Client Information [PDF 826 KB]
Our fees are not refundable through Medicare or private health insurance. Concession is available on the presentation of a Health Care Card. Fees may be altered according to family income and individual circumstances. For other programs or group therapy, different fees will apply.