Global study opportunities
La Trobe Business School students have the opportunity to enjoy overseas study tours, go on exchange to distinguished international universities or participate in overseas short programs.
There are two study tour options available to La Trobe Business School students. The International Sustainability Experience (ISE) is an undergraduate subject while the MBA Study tour is a postgraduate elective.
International sustainability experience subject
Develop cultural awareness, problem solving, teamwork and communication skills and expand your social and professional network during this study tour. The International Sustainability Experience (ISE) subject explores the interconnection of place, society and the environment during a two-week overseas field trip to locations across China and Vietnam.
The subject includes a pre-trip preparation module comprising a mix of face-to-face and online learning, a two-week international study trip where La Trobe covers the cost of airfares (with an open-ended return date), accommodation, food, transport, visa fees and insurance. Spend a week working on sustainability projects, helping find solutions to real-world problems.
Find out more information about the subject here.
MBA study tour
The MBA Study Tour (BUA5MST) is an elective subject that provides MBA students with an opportunity to participate in an international or domestic study tour. Adopting an experiential learning approach, you have an opportunity to visit and observe a number of sites relevant to the business context of the specific tour, which may include events, businesses, cultural sites, organisations and authorities.
The learning experience is augmented through active engagement with professionals, investigation of the economic and social challenges facing the organisations visited and personal reflection of your experiences on tour. The study tour will enable you to apply your theoretical knowledge in a real-life business environment. This learning is supported by online and/or face-to-face learning activities and specific assessment tasks tailored to the nature of the study tour activities.
Found out more about the MBA study tour here.
The exchange program allows you to travel abroad and study at the same time for a semester or two at one of our overseas partnered universities. Regardless if you are a domestic or international student, all students can apply and have access to many grants and scholarships to support you while you are overseas.
General information on exchange can be found here.
Some of your exchange options are:
- Canada: University of Calgary, University of Windsor
- China: ESSCA School of Management, East China Normal University
- Denmark: Copenhagen Business School
- France: ESSCA School of Management, NEOMA, Burgundy School of Business, IESEG School of Management
- Hong Kong: City University of Hong Kong, Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Japan: Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific
- Malaysia: University of Malaya
- Norway: Norwegian Business School
- Singapore: Singapore Management University, Nanyang Technological University
- South Korea: Yonsei University, Sogang University
- Sweden: Umea University, Jönköping International Business School
- Thailand: Mahidol University, Chulalongkorn University
- The Netherlands: Tilburg University
- United Kingdom: Sheffield Hallam University
- USA: Appalachian State University, Texas Tech University, San Diego State University, Louisiana State University, University of Wisconsin-La-Crosse
For the full list of exchange partners, click here.
Overseas short programs
Short programs are not only a great way to spend your break from university, but also gain an overseas experience without disrupting your course structure. Depending on the kind of program, you can get credit toward your degree by participating in a short program.
You have the option to participate in various short programs and each has different global opportunities:
- Short term academic programs
- Internships or other Placements
- Volunteering opportunities
Find out more about overseas short programs here.