Your study experience
La Trobe Business School's mission is to be a community of students, academics, and professionals committed to enhancing business learning through education and research, which is innovative, responsible, and engaged. As such, we offer students high-level theoretical and professional skills in a range of business programs with varying specialisations of management. We blend theory, research and practice in basic discipline knowledge through to more specialised management topics.
The La Trobe Business School has both international and local accreditations. All accreditations demonstrate a continuing commitment to quality assurance and the maintenance of international benchmarks.
We are an accredited member of AACSB International - the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business - the highest standard of achievement for business schools worldwide. Also, the La Trobe MBA and the Bachelor of Business (Tourism and Hospitality) are both accredited by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) through the prestigious EFMD Programme Accreditation System (EPAS).
- The Master of Business Information Management and Systems is accredited by the Australian Computer Society (ACS).
- The Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management), the Master of Management (HRM) and the HRM major are accredited by the Australian Human Resources Institute (AHRI).
- The marketing major in the Bachelor of Commerce and the Bachelor of Business, as well as the Bachelor of Business (Marketing), the Bachelor of Business (Event Management/Marketing), the Master of Marketing, and the Master of Digital Marketing Communications are accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI).
- The accounting degrees and majors are accredited by Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ).
- The accounting degrees and majors are accredited by Certified Practising Accountants Australia (CPA).
La Trobe Business School has a number of courses recognised worldwide through not only accreditations but also rankings.
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by Shanghai Ranking Consultancy ranks La Trobe Business School in the top 45 for Hospitality and Tourism Management (2019), in the top 200 for Finance (2017), in the top 400 for Business Administration (2019) and in the top 500 for Economics (2019) worldwide.
- Both La Trobe MBA and Online MBA are Tier One ranked by CEO Magazine's Global MBA Rankings 2019. The Online MBA is also ranked 8th in the world and 2nd in Australia (2019).
- La Trobe Business School rates “well above world standard” for Banking, Finance and Investment, while Commerce, Management, Tourism and Services, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability, Business and Management, Tourism, Economics and Applied Economics are all “at world standard” (ERA 2018-2019).
- La Trobe Business School ranks #32 in the world for the Online MBA (2019), in the top 50 for Hospitality and Leisure Management (2017), in the top 75 for the Masters in Business Analytics (2020), in the top 150 for Accounting & Finance (2018), and in the top 250 for Business and Management (2018) Economics and Econometrics (2019) and La Trobe MBA (2019).
In 2007, during the United Nations Global Compact Leaders Summit in Geneva, the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) were launched. Since then, PRME has become the largest organised relationship between the United Nations and business schools. LBS joined PRME quickly after its inception.
According to the UN Global Impact the mission of PRME is:
“To transform business and management education, research and thought leadership globally, while promoting awareness about the Sustainable Development Goals, and developing the responsible business leaders of tomorrow.”
Learn more about LBS' commitment to PRME here.