La Trobe Asia Visiting Research Fellowship Grant Program 2020
The La Trobe Asia Visiting Research Fellowship Program serves to help strengthen the University’s research links with Asia-based researchers and institutions. The program provides funding to bring leading Asia-based researchers to La Trobe to work on high quality research outputs, strengthen institutional partnerships and foster research engagement with Asia-based researchers and institutions.
In 2020, we will provide up to four grants of no more than $10,000 AUD each to bring leading researchers from the region to La Trobe with the expectation that their time at La Trobe leads to tangible outcomes.
Applications can only be made by an academic at La Trobe and Fellows will be based in the relevant departments/centres. Because of this commitment, the application must be supported by the head of department/centre/school.
Applications to be completed online by 23:59 Sunday 24 November 2019
Applicants will be advised of the outcome by Friday 20 December 2019
Grants will be awarded by the La Trobe Asia Research Committee and applications judged against the following criteria:
- candidate Fellows must demonstrate research performance of international standing in the relevant discipline and be normally based at an Asian university or research institution
- preference will be given to researchers from institutions that have been identified by the University as priority institutional partners (contact La Trobe Asia for a list of partners)
- a concrete and viable collaborative research program with a La Trobe based academic/s that will lead to quality research outputs
- a clear plan to contribute to the research culture of the University.
While they are at La Trobe, successful recipients of the fellowship grant will be expected to:
- Be based on one of La Trobe's campuses for a period of four weeks (or time to be negotiated)
- Undertake research collaboration leading to high quality research outputs
- Undertake at least one presentation of research findings or work in progress
- Contribute to the development of the research culture at La Trobe through, for example, Early Career Researcher (ECR) mentoring, master classes or grant workshops
- Participate in relevant La Trobe Asia events/activities to promote the research and grant program
In addition (where relevant), there is the opportunity to work with La Trobe Asia to produce a research or policy brief document aimed for a general audience (such as the La Trobe Asia Brief).
Eligibility to apply
- La Trobe University staff with a continuing or fixed-term teaching and research/or research-only appointment of greater than two years.
Submit your application