La Trobe Art Institute’s public and educative programs promote inter-disciplinary dialogue, participation and cultural inclusion through engagement with the University’s expansive collection of art and artefacts and the LAI’s contemporary exhibition program.
Find out about upcoming talks and workshops by signing up to our mailing list or visit our programs and events page. Check out our exhibition page for more information on our dynamic exhibition program, or for information about our exhibiting culture five day intensive block subject.
- Exhibition Essay: Infrastructuralism by Sophia Cai
- Essay: Yayoi Kusama at the NGV Triennial by Dr Karen Annett-Thomas
- Video: Alexandra Kehayoglou in conversation with Dr Kent Wilson
- Infrastructuralism Education Pack 2018
- Collaboratory Education Resource
- Interview Transcription: Wukun Wanambi and Ishmael Marika in conversation with Travis Hodgson
- Grammar of Glitch education resource
- The Grammar of Glitch: Studio Arts Resource – Preparation, Presentation, Conservation and Promotion
- Chartform Education Resource
- Chartform: Preparation, Presentation, Conservation and Promotion
Education Programs at La Trobe Art Institute
La Trobe Art Institute offers a unique and stimulating experience for students from primary through to tertiary level. Discover how art can support learning across the curriculum through a range of activities guided by artists, curators, academics and La Trobe University students. Be inspired by our exhibitions, meet experienced art professionals and discover new ways to visually engage with ideas in the context of a University Art Museum.
Talks and Tours
Contact the LAI Public Programs Coordinator at email@example.com to book a free guided tour of our exhibitions or to discuss the ways that we can customise your visit to meet curriculum needs, ability and interests of your group.We also design specific talks and workshops that relate to our exhibitions. Check out the exhibition page to discover the scope of our exhibitions or view related programs and events.
ASSC Outreach Program
The ASSC outreach program aims to deliver a suite of activities that increase student capabilities, build self-confidence and raise awareness of career opportunities upon completion of a university degree. These one-day events are a collaboration between the Bendigo Campus and the La Trobe Art Institute.
Schools Partnership Program
The La Trobe University School Partnerships Program (SPP) works collaboratively with identified schools to raise awareness of higher education and inform career aspiration by providing access to a range of activities that engage students and their school communities. Created for Years 7-10, these activities are closely linked to curriculum and are designed to inform aspirations and aid motivation and learning confidence.