Public sector and non-profits accounting
The research of public sector and non-profits accounting is concerned with the study of governance, accountability and performance management in the public and not-for-profit sectors. The non-profit research specialisation is concerned with how resource providers and other external stakeholders may exert influence on public and not-for-profit (NFP) organisations for their accounting, accountability and performance management systems.
Broad themes considered with the public sector stream include:
- Public sector reform and accounting change
- Performance audit
- Public accounts committees and governmental accountability
- Measuring and improving the performance for government agencies
- Local government performance management.
Broad research topics within the non-profit stream include:
- Non-profit corporate governance from the boardroom
- Regulations and financial reporting practices in micro-finance institutions in less developed countries
- Performance management and balanced scorecard practices in non-profit organisations
- Discharging non-profit accountability.