How to apply
Once you have decided that you wish to live in on-campus accommodation you must:
Information for applicants
You must register on StarRez Portal so that you can receive your login details (ID number and password).
- Provide your full name in the same order as they appear on your passport, driver’s license or birth certificate.
- Your entry ID can be located in the StarRez Portal. Log in using your username and password.
- Use your ID number in all correspondence with us and to log back into the StarRez Portal to check the status of your application.
- You must complete all questions on the application form in full. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- If you have your La Trobe University ID number please enter it at the time of application. If you do not have it yet, send it to email@example.com as soon as you do.
- If you are currently staying in a La Trobe residence (or have stayed in one before), this means you are a returning resident and you do not need to register with the StarRez portal again.
- To reapply, you simply log into the portal with your ID number and password.
- If you are unsure of your ID number and password, please email us with the subject heading “Login and password request”. Please provide these details in the following order: surname, first name and date of birth.
Tips for using the StarRez portal
Use a valid email address
- Provide a current, reliable email address to ensure that you receive any important communication.
- You may need to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts list, otherwise our emails may be rejected or placed in junk mail.
- Avoid using your school email address, as these generally expire after the school term or when you graduate.
The application portal will automatically log you out after 20 minutes of inactivity. If this occurs, simply log back in using your ID and password.
Your application status
Your application does not guarantee placement in accommodation or in your preferred residence. Applications will be reviewed upon submission by the Living at La Trobe team.
Accepting Offer of Accommodation
- Successful applicants must accept their offer prior to move in day, otherwise it will be automatically forfeited and the offer cancelled.
You can check the status and progress of your application at any time using your ID number and password to log into the Accommodation Application Portal.
Changing your preferences
Prior to offers going out
- You may change your preferences prior to offers going out by contacting the Living at La Trobe team via email and requesting a change in preference. In all correspondence, please provide your full name and StarPortal ID (which you would have received when you registered and applied).