Before you start

Before beginning your online application, we recommend you read through the information below so you are familiar with the application criteria and process. You may also like to review our accommodation FAQs.


To apply for on-campus accommodation, you must:

  • be enrolled as a current or future part-time student at La Trobe University or a tertiary education institution
  • be willing to comply with all residential policies and guidelines including the rules of residence, resident handbook and your residential agreement

Living at La Trobe may permit students under the age of 18 to reside in student accommodation. Students under 18 must complete an underaged agreement form and comply with other practices.

When to apply

Applications for on-campus accommodation are competitive. We encourage new students to apply as soon as possible.

Applications open from Open Day (usually early August).

Accommodation preferences

When applying, you will be asked to name your preferred residence/s.

Melbourne campus:

  • Undergraduate students between 18-24 tend to live in Chisholm, Glenn and Menzies or the North and South Apartments.
  • Postgraduate and mature age students usually prefer The University Lodge, Chisholm College or the North and South Apartments.
  • Apartment style living is available in the North and South Apartments and Glenn College.

Bendigo campus:

  • Hillside, Villas, Terraces and Units are primarily aimed at undergraduate students.
  • Orde House generally accommodates postgraduate and mature age residents.

Additional preference options

Twin share

Twin share and double rooms are only available at University Lodge on the Melbourne campus.

Quiet and alcohol free areas

Quiet and/or alcohol free areas are available within some residences. Allocation of these areas is based on demand and designated areas are subject to change.

Applying at multiple campuses

If you are applying for accommodation at multiple La Trobe campuses, you will need to submit two separate applications.

Once you have accepted your study offer from the University, log into your StarRez Portal to accept your offer of accommodation for your preferred campus and decline your non-preferred offer.