Get help quitting
La Trobe University supports the efforts of staff and students to make positive changes to their health and lifestyle by reducing or quitting smoking.
Good reasons to quit
Quitting smoking at any age brings major and immediate health benefits:
- 20 minutes after quitting your heart rate drops.
- 12 hours later the carbon monoxide level in your blood reduces dramatically.
- After a year, your risk of life threatening coronary heart disease is halved compared to those who continue to smoke.
By visiting the QuitVic site you will learn more about different quitting methods and or coping techniques.
You will receive more information on:
- why people smoke and smoking addiction
- thinking about quitting
- quitting plans and strategies
- resources and support available to help quit for good
- coping with times when smoking is restricted.
- My Quit Buddy - Mobile app (free)
- Quit for You, Quit for Two - Mobile app for mums-to-be
- Quit Coach - Free personalised quitting plan
- Quit Now - Australia Government Department of Health
- Give Up Smokes for Good - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander campaign
- OxyGeneration - Smoke free resources for adolescents
- Cancer Council Victoria