Student Services and Administration
Student Services and Administration encompasses the following business units:
- Management Academic Services Office (MASO) - Bundoora.
- Student Information Services Office (SISO) - Bundoora.
- Student Systems Office (SSO) - Bundoora.
- Student Operations - Bundoora.
- Student Financial Services Office (SFSO) - Bundoora.
- Academic Services Office (ASOB) - Bendigo.
- Academic Services Office (ASOAW) - Albury-Wodonga.
The division's mission is to: "Provide consistent, flexible, responsive and high quality student administration and academic policy services to students, staff and stakeholders of the University across all faculties, domestic campuses ad business environments to support the University's statement of purpose".
The Division has approximately 50 permanent staff responsible for administrative support to two colleges, multiple domestic campuses and offshore third party providers.
The Division delivers the following functions and services across the University:
- ID cards (students and staff)
- Customer services for students (including counter, phone, email & web services)
- Enrolment, re-enrolment and enrolment variations
- Central examinations
- Fees & HECS
- Financial aid
- University Handbook
- Government reporting
- Academic policy and compliance
- Progression and completion
- Results collection, processing and publishing
- Room bookings (central teaching spaces)
- Student Information System
- Student Information System and Unit Database configuration (teaching periods and subjects)
- Student files
- Timetabling (formal examinations & central teaching spaces)
Student Services and Administration supports the University's statement that "all staff have a direct role in supporting the key objective of providing the highest quality service to students, one another, and to the community. In addition, staff have a key responsibility to commit to continuous improvement in their individual professional practice, business processes and support services".