Student Equity Division
We support the University to promote social justice, widen university participation, support under-represented groups across the student life cycle, and harness student equity and diversity to improve learning quality and the overall student experience.
Situated in the DVC (Students) portfolio, the Student Equity division includes:
- the Centre for Higher Education Equity and Diversity Research (CHEEDR)
- Institutional Research
- Educational Partnerships, school and community outreach (including In2Science), and related University pathways, and
- enabling and related curriculum, including the Tertiary Preparation Program (TPP) and Prepare for La Trobe pathway.
We are responsible for the oversight and reporting of the Higher Education Participation and Partnerships Program (HEPPP).
We also support the University to meet the objectives outlined in the Student Equity and Diversity Plan (2020-2022 [PDF 292 KB). The objectives of the plan are to:
- expand access for under-represented students
- increase success and retention rates for under-represented students
- strengthen learning quality for all students by harnessing student diversity and equity
- improve equity of graduate experiences and outcomes
- foster a research culture that reflects our commitment to student equity.
We inform University strategies for improving the access, achievement and outcomes of under-represented students.
For all enquiries, please contact Student Equity:
La Trobe University
Melbourne, Victoria 3086
Telephone: +61 3 9479 1229