To maximise user comfort and efficiency, navigation within the Intranet utilises single sign-on allowing users to move freely between individual sites and applications without re-authenticating login credentials.
Access from outside the network
To access the Intranet from outside the network, simply use your AD login credentials.
How to enable Single-sign on in Internet Explorer (IE)
- In the menu bar of your browser, go to Tools -> Internet Options.
- Click on ‘Advanced’ tab’.
- Scroll down and check ‘Enable Integrated Windows Authentication’.
- Click 'Apply' and restart Internet Explorer and you are done!
Note: If this is unsuccessful, follow the instructions below.
- Go to 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options' of your browser.
- Click on the 'Security' tab -> 'Local intranet'.
- Click on 'Sites' button.
- Then click the 'Advanced' button.
- Enter the intranet URL which is https://intranet.latrobe.edu.au and then click the 'Add' button.
- Apply the settings and then restart your internet explorer and you are done!
Note: These instructions will not work if you are not logged onto the La Trobe network.
How to enable Single-sign on in Firefox
- Enter about:config in the browser address bar and hit enter.
- Click on ‘I’ll be careful, I promise’.
- Locate the following in the list network.negotiate-auth.trusted-uris and double click.
- Enter latrobe.edu.au in the text field. Click OK.
- Restart Firefox and you are done!
Using a Mac
If you are using a MAC with Firefox, Internet Explorer (IE), Safari or Chrome browsers, you will need to log in using your La Trobe Univeristy AD credentials.
Still having trouble?
If the problem persists, please visit Ask Services for further assistance.
What's on the homepage?
News, messages and announcements
For a more comprehensive list of news, publications and feature stories, go to the News & Publications page.
Messages from the Vice-Chancellor are a high priority and need to be accessed easily by all staff. This area is also be available to promote messages from all senior management, ensuring that communication from a strategic level will keep the homepage fresh and relevant and staff well informed.
Watch this space for the latest announcements, handy tips and useful resources. A more detailed description of announcements can be found on the News & Publications page.
Task and services
This includes intranet search, staff directory search and form search.
The ‘I want to…’ and 'Login to' lists
This component reflects a task-based search option for users. The links here will reflect the most frequently accessed pages within the intranet. These links will change according to frequency of use by users.
These accordion links expand and show highly accessed services within the Library, ICT and Finance websites.
Search and favourites
The search field is available from every page within the intranet. Located at the top of each page.
‘My favourites’ is located on all pages and is a new customisable solution to allow users to save their favourite web pages. Located at the top of each page.
Click on this link to expand a pop-up box displaying all commonly used services located on both external and intranet sites.
Have more questions about the intranet?
For technical intranet support, submit a Digital Marketing Request.