The La Trobe University Badminton Club (LTUBC) was established in 2010. The club's purpose is to promote the sport, improve the skills and techniques of players, to meet new people and most of all have a great time. Now in our 6th year, the club welcomes players (students and non-students) of any level into our midst.
Badminton is a fast and physically demanding sport. It involves hitting the shuttle (birdie) over the net towards the other side of the court. You get a point when the shuttle lands in the oppositions court before it can be returned. Placement of the shuttle and yourself in the court is key. So, move around, play smart, play hard!
The Sports Centre Fieldhouse is our base and in it we have 3 standard badminton courts. To allow members more play time, each game would be a round of 21 pointer doubles. If you spot an empty or incomplete court, hop right in. We supply plenty of shuttlecocks for every session and have a few racquets to spare. Also, we have a number of advanced players in our club so feel free to approach them and ask for guidance and tips (or better yet, ask to be their partner for a game - politely please).
Club Fees - 2016
- Gold Class - $230 (annual membership fee + session fees + official polo shirt inclusive*)
- Silver Class - $80 (annual membership fee) + $5 per session
- Gold Class - $280 (annual membership fee + session fees + official polo shirt inclusive*)
- Silver Class - $100 (annual membership fee) + $6 per session
* Club polo shirts are limited in size and stock, first in first serve!
IF you do not want to pay for membership (Casual players):
- $10 per session for students
- $12 per session for Non-Students
* Payments can be made by cash or online (details to be given when requested)
Club Training Times - 2016
- Thursdays 4.00pm - 7.00pm
- Saturdays 2.00pm - 5.00pm
- Sundays 2.00pm - 5.00pm
Come to one session or all of them - your call!
Fieldhouse, Sports Centre, La Trobe University (Bundoora Campus)
How to join
Speak to our committee in session (we are the bossy ones) and we will gladly and hopefully be able to respond adequately to your enquiries (including signing you up into the club) or you can email us at Badminton@latrobe.edu.au
Also, "Like" and join our Facebook page www.facebook.com/LTUBC for the latest info.