Carpooling and car share schemes
Interested in carpooling? Register now on our new and improved system below!
The new La Trobe University carpooling service allows you to easily identify people who live or work near you and allows you to connect and share-a-ride to any of La Trobe's Campuses. The service has been improved to be more user friendly on mobile phones and tablets. Registration is quick and easy! The more members there are registered, the more chance there is to share-a-ride - spread the word!
Carpooling is only open to staff and students at La Trobe University and is a simple, cheap and convenient way to share-a-ride to uni.
Green Carpooling Permits (Melbourne Campus Only)
Staff and students please register for a Green vPermit here, if you already have a white permit please contact Traffic to get it changed over. Please note no more green carpool stickers are issued.
Terms and conditions of use:
- Join the Campus group of where you study
- Purchase a Green vPermit (valid for Green and White bays)
- Park only in the green carpooling spots when you have two or more passengers in your car (this will be monitored), white bays at other times
- If you drive in alone but give someone a lift home, you will still need to park in the white bays
- There are 40 carpooling spaces that are allocated on a first come basis
- Do not leave valuables on display in the car
Remember these are your spots, and if you see anyone breaking any of the terms and conditions above, please report their rego to: firstname.lastname@example.org
GoGet Car Share Scheme (Melbourne)
La Trobe University has partnered with GoGet to locate a number of car share scheme vehicles on the Melbourne campus. These vehicles are currently located in Car Park 3 and are available for private use by staff and students.
As a member, you have access to a network of new cars parked locally, including the cars located on the Melbourne campus, which can be leased by the hour or day.
Looking for La Trobe University's GoGet Fleet Vehicles? University staff can access the system through the intranet.