For full-time and part-time staff and students parking regularly a vPermit is recommended.
Permits are available for 1 year, 6 months and 90 days.
Red Reserved and Black permits are for staff that have been assigned a specific parking space. Eligibility criteria applies and you need to consult Traffic and Parking before purchasing one of these permits.
How to apply?
Apply online at vPermit
- Select your role - STUDENT / STAFF / OTHER (La Trobe Melbourne staff and students only)
- Create a password to register. Do not use your La Trobe password.
- You can register up to 3 vehicles but can have only 1 vehicle as your "active" vehicle at any one time
- You can log back in to vPermit at any time to update your details
- Be aware that it can take up to fifteen minutes for the registration email to arrive and it may go to your junk/clutter mailbox. Please do not try to register repeatedly.
How to pay?
- You can pay by Credit or Debit Card.
- You will be directed to OneStop to pay for your permit.
- You can pay by Credit/Debit card or Salary deduction (part time and full time staff only)
- Credit/Debit card payments will be directed to OneStop for processing
- Permits purchased via salary deduction will be automatically activated.
- Salary deduction will be ongoing with no need for renewal and will discontinue when you cancel them.
- When purchasing a permit through salary deduction, the first deduction will be for a full fortnight i.e. the first deduction will not be pro-rated even if the permit is purchased towards the end of the current pay period. If the permit is cancelled at a later stage, the pay period in which the permit is cancelled will not be charged.
- Annual fee increases to permits will automatically be applied to the fortnightly amount deducted. You will be notified in advance of the annual fee increase so you can choose to cancel your permit before the new fee is applied.
La Trobe Melbourne staff and students
- You can pay by Credit or Debit Card at the Traffic and Parking Office.
- You must register and apply for your vPermit before making payment. Students must present student identification as proof of eligibility for the student permit rate.
If you experience problems registering for a permit, please contact Traffic and Parking:
T: (03) 9479 2514