Read the sign, avoid the fine
All La Trobe University campuses are subject to Victorian traffic laws, so please obey the road rules and signs.
To avoid a parking fine:
- Obey the signs where you park
- Check the time limits on metered spaces
- Display your parking ticket or permit clearly or ensure you have a valid vPermit or valid CellOPark Pay-As-You-Go parking or Pay by Plate parking
- Only park in a permit zone that matches your permit type
- Don't park in spaces for the disabled without a disability permit
- Do not park in green carpooling spaces unless you are registered with carpooling, displaying a green permit and have two or more occupants in your vehicle
- Don't copy, modify or falsify a parking ticket or permit
- If you drive to campus in different vehicles, be sure to switch your permit between vehicles.
Parking fees at the Melbourne Campus apply between 8.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. You park at your own risk. The University will not accept any responsibility for any damage, accidents or losses.
Parking Infringement Notices (PINS)
Vehicles parked contrary to the requirements of the car park signage are issued with Parking Infringement Notices (PINs). If you receive a PIN, please review the details on the back of the notice for how to pay. If you intend to appeal a parking infringement, refer to the infringement notice for details.