We are excited to announce that La Trobe University Sydney Campus has moved to 255 Elizabeth Street. The new campus has been designed specifically to cater for our growth in student numbers and to provide all of our students access to excellent facilities and resources both in and out of the classroom.
Where exactly has the campus moved to?
The new campus is at 255 Elizabeth Street Sydney, and overlooks Hyde Park. This location is in the heart of the central business district and only 50 metres from Museum Station.
When did the move to 255 Elizabeth Street happen?
The move to La Trobe University Sydney Campus at 255 Elizabeth Street was on Monday, 19 September 2016.
Why did we move from Wynyard Green?
The Wynyard Green building has been good for La Trobe University Sydney Campus, but the current set up is no longer suitable for our needs. The new campus provides versatile and vibrant spaces for our students and staff and support future growth.
What are some of the features of the new building and the new location?
Some of the features of the new campus are:
- A-Grade, 5-Star NABERS energy rated building with low and high rise lifts.
- Ground floor entries on Elizabeth and Castlereagh Streets.
- Located between Park and Liverpool Streets.
- Opposite Hyde Park and Museum Station.
- Shared lecture theatres, classrooms and library with brand new furniture and technology.
- Brand new kitchens and shared breakout areas.
- More touchdown areas to allow for student study and collaboration work with USB ports.
- WIFI throughout the building.
What benefits is there for students?
The teaching and study areas provide versatile, vibrant education spaces. A variety of student hub areas encourage collaboration and social activities.
Have a different question?
Ask us a question online or speak to one of our Sydney Team.