FAQ – Academic services
New students will be sent an invitation (via email) to attend an orientation and enrolment session in the week before classes commence. During this session students will be instructed on how to enrol in their subjects for the semester and provided advice on subject selection.
Please see reception for any questions regarding the orientation and enrolment session for new students.
Re-enrolling students are not required to attend an enrolment session prior to classes commencing. Instructions on how to enrol in your subjects can be viewed on the student portal.
For help enrolling or with subject selection, please see reception to make an appointment to see a member of the Academic Services Team.
For key enrolment dates, please see the Academic Calendar.
How to get a copy of my transcript?
I am a Foundation Studies or diploma student…
- Download the ‘Official FSP and Diploma Transcript Application Form’ (Credit Card Authorisation Form) from the student portal
- Complete the form and submit to reception
- Pay the fee (A$30.00)
- Once the payment has been processed your official academic transcript will be available for collection from reception within 24 hours
- Students can email a request for an unofficial transcript to email@example.com. Be sure to include your name and student number
I am a degree or master student…
Students can request their official academic transcript online.
- Log in to Student Online
- Select ‘Results and graduation’
- Select ‘Receive an email containing my unofficial academic record’
- Unofficial academic transcript will be sent to the student’s official La Trobe University email address (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For more information students should refer to the student portal or contact the Academic Services Team on email@example.com.
Student ID card
Your student ID card is used in the library, for printing and photocopying, for building access and as ID whilst on campus and during exams.
If you are a new student you will be issued with your student ID card when you attend your first enrolment session.
Lost, stolen and expired cards
- Lost or damaged cards: see reception to purchase a replacement card
- Stolen cards: take a copy of the police report to reception for a free replacement card
- Expired cards: take your expired card to reception for a free replacement
Visit reception for more information regarding your student ID card.
Applications for special consideration will be accepted on medical grounds or under compassionate or compelling circumstances beyond a student’s control.
I am a Foundation Studies or diploma student….
Foundation Studies and diploma students applying for special consideration are required to complete the ‘Application for Special Consideration’ form, located in the student portal and submit to Student Services Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions regarding your application for special consideration please contact the Student Services Team via email at email@example.com.
I am a degree or master student…
Degree and master student’s applying for special consideration are required to complete the ‘Eligibility for Special Consideration’ questionnaire online.
Students eligible for special consideration will then be directed to the online application process.