Activities for your students
We can help your students learn what it's like to study at university through information sessions, campus tours, and other activities throughout the year.
Experience La Trobe
In April, June and July each year, we give students the chance to chat with La Trobe staff and students, find out all about our courses, and experience what it's like to be a uni student for a day. Plan and register for your program today.
The Open Day experience is one of the biggest factors in a student's university decision-making. It's their chance to experience the campus, meet students and staff, and get a feel for university life. Find out more about our Open Days.
Next Generation Youth Forum
The Next Generation Youth Forum gives year 10, 11 and 12 students the opportunity to participate in leadership and social justice workshops. A high-achieving peer will deliver the keynote address to inspire the next generation of leaders. Find out more about the Next Generation Youth Forum.
We can give students and parents at your school advice on:
- how to make a successful transition from secondary school to university
- university selection and admission processes
- a parent's changing role when their child enters university
- how to choose courses from a student's perspective – through presentations by our student ambassadors
- what makes La Trobe different and how students will be supported in their time here.
Tertiary Information Service (TIS)
TIS provides a relaxed setting in which your Year 12 students can get information and speak directly with university and TAFE representatives. We attend all TIS events in regional and metropolitan Victoria. Topics include:
- choosing a course
- VTAC application procedures
- differences between university, TAFE and other providers
- finance and accommodation
- transition to uni
- university selection processes
- prerequisites and extra requirements.
For more information on dates and coordinating institutions, visit the TIS website.
Work experience for students
Our Work Experience Program has provided a number of students with hands-on quality experience and the opportunity to discover what they want to do, to learn something about the industry they are interested in, and most importantly to experience life at our university.
Over the last 20 years various departments across the University have offered students work experience opportunities to assist in providing a great community service, raising our profile and influencing students to consider La Trobe as their university of first choice.
Thank you for your interest and your ongoing support of this program.
For the remainder of 2015 we will be putting the coordination of this program on hold, while honouring the placements we have already committed to.
If you have any questions regarding the program please contact, Emma Keating on 03 9479 3672 or email email@example.com.
- We only accept booking requests on or after 9 February 2015. All requests must be sent of or after this date.
- Students must be aged 15 and over at the time of their placement.
- La Trobe University reserves the right to terminate or withdraw a work experience placement should circumstances require.
- A member of school staff should visit each student during their placement.
Contact the Work Experience Coordinator if you have any questions:
T: 1300 135 045