Activities for your students
We can help your students learn what it's like to study at university through information sessions, campus tours, and other activities throughout the year.
Experience La Trobe
In April, June and July each year, we give students the chance to chat with La Trobe staff and students, find out all about our courses, and experience what it's like to be a uni student for a day. Plan and register for your program today.
The Open Day experience is one of the biggest factors in a student's university decision-making. It's their chance to experience the campus, meet students and staff, and get a feel for university life. Find out more about our Open Days.
Next Generation Youth Forum
The Next Generation Youth Forum gives year 10, 11 and 12 students the opportunity to participate in leadership and social justice workshops. A high-achieving peer will deliver the keynote address to inspire the next generation of leaders. Find out more about the Next Generation Youth Forum.
We can give students and parents at your school advice on:
- how to make a successful transition from secondary school to university
- university selection and admission processes
- a parent's changing role when their child enters university
- how to choose courses from a student's perspective – through presentations by our student ambassadors
- what makes La Trobe different and how students will be supported in their time here.
Tertiary Information Service (TIS)
TIS provides a relaxed setting in which your Year 12 students can get information and speak directly with university and TAFE representatives. We attend all TIS events in regional and metropolitan Victoria. Topics include:
- choosing a course
- VTAC application procedures
- differences between university, TAFE and other providers
- finance and accommodation
- transition to uni
- university selection processes
- prerequisites and extra requirements.
For more information on dates and coordinating institutions, visit the TIS website.
Work experience for students
Work experience is a great way to discover what it's like to work at a big university while you get a taste of life at La Trobe. We offer student placements at our Melbourne campus in areas including:
Booking a placement is easy:
- Download our 2014 work experience list [PDF 197KB].
- Choose a position that meets your student's interests and skills (they can choose more than one).
- Contact us at email@example.com to make a booking. Let us know if students have any special circumstances or needs such as a medical condition or disability, or require a variation in their work hours.
- Email your completed Work Experience Arrangement Form to us within two weeks of booking.
Once we receive your form we'll send it back to your school, confirm your booking, and send you all the information you need.
Students will be paid $5 a day while they're on placement. Please note that:
- we only accept bookings for individual students (not open bookings)
- we reserve the right to terminate or withdraw a work experience placement if necessary
- a member of school staff should visit each student during their placement.