Who can apply for Aspire?
The Aspire Program is open to current Year-12 students (domestic and on-shore international) and non-Year 12 students (including mature-age applicants).
We look for applicants who have gained valuable skills, knowledge and experience through volunteering or making a positive contribution to their community.
As a Year 12 student, to receive an early conditional offer through Aspire, you must:
- apply direct to La Trobe’s Aspire Program and via VTAC/UAC
- be a domestic Year 12 student
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or an onshore international student currently studying Year 12 in Australia
As a non-Year 12 student, to receive an early conditional offer through Aspire, you must:
- apply to La Trobe’s Aspire Program and also submit an application via one of the following processes:
- La Trobe’s CAMS portal (available only for certain courses and to applicants who have not already applied through VTAC)
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- not be eligible for one year or more of credit from previous study
If your application is successful, you’ll receive an offer in September which is conditional on:
- meeting the standard course prerequisites and any extra requirements for your chosen course
- Meeting the minimum Aspire ATAR for your course (or equivalent from further study)
- placing your Aspire course as your highest eligible preference in VTAC/UAC, or in your direct application for non-Year 12 students