Help and support
See below for information about Allocate+, the University's timetabling and class allocation system.
What is Allocate+?
Allocate+ is the system La Trobe uses to allocate students to on-campus activities such as tutorials, labs, seminars and workshops, and to help you tailor your personal timetable.
How does it work?
Allocate+ has two distinct phases, or modes. Before each teaching period begins, you will be given an opportunity to indicate your preferred classes (Preference mode).
Allocate+ is then closed while the system sorts preferences and allocates students to classes that will generate the best possible clash-free timetable. Your preferences will be taken into account where possible.
The system is then reopened in Allocation Adjustment mode. At this point, you will have the opportunity to:
- check that you have been allocated to a class for all the subjects you're enrolled in and resolve any problems
- select classes for any activities that you have not yet been allocated to
- change classes, if there are places available
- view your personalised timetable.
You can also use Allocate+ to view the timetable of subjects in which you are not enrolled (see below).
After the Allocation Adjustment period, Allocate+ moves to Read only mode. No further changes will be possible without contacting your subject coordinator.
Key to Allocate codes and abbreviations
Allocated - green
- You have already been allocated to a class. This might be because
- There is only one available activity (ie a large lecture) and all enrolled students have been automatically allocated to it
- Your lecturer or school has allocated students to particular activities
- You have been allocated to one of the classes you selected in preference mode
Pending - orange
- You have selected your preferences for this activity, but have not yet been allocated to a class
Unconfirmed - red
- You have not yet selected preferences or been allocated to a class for this activity
|Activity Group||Description||Activity Group||Description|
|C or CL||Computer Lab||LWS||Lecture/Workshop|
|EBL||Evidence Based Learning||PB||Problem Class|
|EX||Examination||PBL||Problem Based Learning|
|LC||Lab Class||R||Revision Session|
|Campus Code||Description||Campus Code||Description|
|BU||Bundoora||CB||City Campus - Collins St|
|CI||City - Franklin St||MI||Mildura|
Delivery mode codes
SWP4LHE_AW_1_BL therefore refers to the instance of subject SWP4LHE that is taught at Albury/Wodonga in Semester 1 in Blended Mode.
Searching for subjects and viewing your timetable
You can use Allocate+ to access your personalised timetable. Allocate+ will automatically display any subjects to which you have been allocated (flagged with a green icon), and you can also search for other subjects.
Watch the video below for more information on searching for and displaying subjects
Changing your enrolment
When you log on to Allocate+, you should see all subjects that you are enrolled in.
If you wish to make changes to your enrolment, this should be done via StudentOnline. You will need to wait one hour for any changes to show in Allocate+.
You can view the timetable for subjects that you are not enrolled in by using the search function described above.
Allocate+ on your mobile device
If you are accessing Allocate Plus from a mobile device, click the menu icon and select 'enrolment' to view your subjects.
Timetable and Allocate+ information for staff
Information for staff about the timetable, the timetable rebuild, and Allocate+, including:
- a guide to setting up Allocate+
- a guide to CIMS Instances and Class requirements
- and a link to Timetable Assist
can be found on the staff intranet at https://intranet.latrobe.edu.au/student-services/timetable (staff login required).