INTERNATIONAL HEALTH POLICY
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students learn about institutions and frameworks for international health policy national health development and global health governance, improving health services, making and implementing policies in a global context, and health policy changes and challenges. This subject will be taught at the City Campus, and will be provided in block mode.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorSally Fawkes
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Prerequisites One of PHE4POL, PHE5POL, PHE4HPA or PHE5HPA
Special conditions offered subject to sufficient enrolment numbers.Students will be expected to be familiar with basic frameworks of public health policy before commencing the course.
|Resource Type||Title||Resource Requirement||Author and Year||Publisher|
|Readings||Making sense of global health governance||Prescribed||Buse, Hein & Drager (eds). 2009.||PALGRAVE MCMILLAN.|
|Readings||Text book of international health||Prescribed||Birn, Pillay & Holtz. 2009.||OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS.|
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. explore and analyse of the tensions and debates in international health policy and how they influence present course of policy development
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups
02. critically assess of contemporary trends and developments in international health policy
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups, book reviews
03. engage with health policy development at the glocal level
- Online lectures, guest lectures, discussion groups, book reviews, team work, advocacy
Select to view your study options…
City Campus, 2018, Semester 2, Day
Maximum enrolment size80
Enrolment information Quota due to limited resources. Enrolments accepted until quota is reached.
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorSally Fawkes
Six 2.0 hours lecture per study period and delivered via online.
Six 3.0 hours tutorial per study period and delivered via face-to-face.
Six 1.5 hours tutorial per study period and delivered via online.
|one 1,000-word assignment||Book review||25||01, 02, 03|
|one 2,500-word assignment||Policy analysis||50||01, 02, 03|
|one class group presentation - 3000 words||Small groups of up to five, topic to be decided on a current issue||25||01, 02, 03|