ADVANCED MENTAL HEALTH PRACTICE 1
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students will elect a pathway and undertake specific modules related to their area of interest. There is an emphasis on advanced and specialist practice in mental health. Although the focus for each student through this subject will vary slightly, all students will develop cognitive and technical skills that demonstrate a broad understanding of a body of knowledge and advanced understanding of underlying principles and theoretical concepts in some areas of a particular focus in mental health practice. The subject is delivered via a flexible online mode comprising learning modules via LMS and supported by appropriate clinical practicum.
SchoolLa Trobe Rural Health School
Subject Co-ordinatorKate Emond
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 5 - Masters
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. Critically evaluate available evidence to inform your advanced practice.
- Review of litertaure, online activites and written exercise.
02. Critically reflect on your current practice and determine how to reframe this practice to meet mental health practice requirements.
- Review of literature. Clinical practice. Online activites.
03. Interpret complex information into an appropriate mode to inform others with specific needs and context.
- Clinical practice. Discussion groups and use of Pebble pad to log reflections related to this ILO.
04. Make accurate assessments & develop reasonable and justifiable inferences in complex scenarios.
- Clinical Practice, online activities, case studies and scenarios.
05. Perform your advanced practice in a safe and ethical manner using the required specific skills, knowledge and attitudes.
- Clinical Practice. Students will be required to undertake clinical practice in a mental health setting under supervision of a preceptor or supervisor. Students will undertake a variety of activities such as utlising Pebble Pad to maintain a reflective journal which will be accessible to the subject coordinator, and/or the completion online quiz's via LMS to test knowledge base.
06. Utilise analytical, problem solving, planning & evaluation skills to inform your advanced practice.
- Online activities, review of literature.
Select to view your study options…
Bendigo, 2018, Semester 1, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorKate Emond
Problem Based Learning
One 6.0 hours problem based learning per week on any day including weekend during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via online.
"Students complete the equivalent of up to 7 hours of on-line learning per week."
Placement - Off Site
One 105.0 hours placement - off site per study period on weekdays during the day from week 10 to week 22 and delivered via face-to-face.
"Students undertake approximately 105 hours of clinical practicum per semester."
|1,500 word equivalent online reflective activities and/or quiz's||40||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|
|2,500 word written assessment||60||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|
|Clinical appraisal Hurdle (equivalent to 500 words)||Hurdle. Student is required to be clinically competent to pass subject||01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06|