CARE AND SUPPORT SERVICES FOR OLDER PEOPLE
Credit points: 15
In this subject, students will develop understanding of the organisation and functions of the aged care service sector in Australia. Services are analysed from the perspectives of healthy ageing and population diversity. The course is organised into five modules: (i) Introduction to the aged care systems in Australia, (ii) The Active Service Model (iii) The interaction between family care and services systems, (iv) Care and support services for older people with special needs, and (v)Dementia care services.
SchoolSchool of Psychology & Public Health
Subject Co-ordinatorKaren Teshuva
Available to Study Abroad StudentsYes
Subject year levelYear Level 4 - UG/Hons/1st Yr PG
Graduate capabilities & intended learning outcomes
01. To be able to demonstrate an understanding of the aged services in Australia
- Module 1 reading pack, questions for consideration, exercises, essay
02. To be able to describe the reablement/wellness model of aged care service delivery and demonstrate an understanding of the Victorian Active Service Model.
- Module 2 reading pack, questions for consideration, exercises
03. To be able to discuss the relationship between formal and informal care and impacts on frail older people.
- Module 3 reading pack, questions for consideration, exercises
04. To be able to describe the issues in the provision of aged care and support services for groups with particular needs.
- Module 4 reading pack, questions for consideration, exercises
05. To demonstrate knowledge about the care services for people with dementia whose particular needs are related to their condition
- Module 4 reading pack, questions for consideration, exercises, essay
Select to view your study options…
Online, 2018, Semester 1, Online
Maximum enrolment sizeN/A
Subject Instance Co-ordinatorKaren Teshuva
Twelve 10.0 hours directed reading per week on any day including weekend during the day and delivered via online.
|four 250-word submissions||four 250-word exercises based on the readings from the five subject modules.||25||01, 02, 03, 04, 05|
|one 1,000-word essay||for details check subject information||25||01|
|one 2,500-word essay||for details check subject information||50||04|